Thursday, June 05, 2008

THE ILL IN ILLINOIS

Some of the best moments of my life happened during my college days, at the often misspelled and mispronounced University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Don't even start with the jokes.

Anyway, those were the days, not too many worries, no parents to nag you, the list is endless. Also, I'm sure there are a lot of you, whom like me, found the love of their lives during college. So did I. I got my first Playstation when I was in the US.

Anyway, let's not go there. My main point is, I am actually a bit proud to be a graduate from UIUC, but I just came across this site, where you will find some 'funky' news from my Alma Mater......

Here is an excerpt taken from the above-mentioned site.
A University of Illinois (U of I) research project that converts swine manure to crude oil could be a surprising key to reduced crude oil imports and could possibly create a new industry in the U.S.U of I agricultural engineer Yuanhui Zwang has refined a thermochemical conversion (TCC) process to make it more efficient and faster.
Well, for now I'll just focus on my own skills of producing this much fangled manure (not that gay team from Manchester, although they're the same as shit....), and hope that these brilliant researchers come up with a way to convert my shit into fuel. And if they pay for test-subjects, I'm available any time.

No comments: