Wednesday, June 04, 2008

TIME TO GO

Sometimes you just know you've been too long somewhere.
I speak as if I am a Kedahan born-and-bred, and I know some Kedahans who don't speak with the northern accent.
I've actually been mistaken for a Kedahan going to KL on holiday rather than a KL boy stuck working in Kedah.
I'm also now tuned to jokes which are only heard at gerai-gerai tepi jalan Putra at night.... jokes which are of a different wavelength from those which were previously associated with me....
I also do not need to order anything when frequenting the above-mentioned gerai-gerai, since the know my usual drink the moment they see my car, to the extent that if I want another type of drink, kena kensel lah sebab dah hantaq dah teh o ais...
Worse still, since most of the gerai-gerai are in close proximity to each other, kalau parking near gerai A, but intend to lepak at gerai B, the fella at gerai A sudah kasik bikin teh o ais la.....
But what I experienced this morning takes the cake. I looked down on my office chair, and saw the ultimate proof that I've been here too long and need to get out......

1 comment:

neomesuff said...

AHAHAHA!..ni gambaq pandangan sisi ka pandangan ataih ka heheheee