Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's been a while...

That's all I can say.
There were times I felt like blogging, but couldn't get online. Never did like blogging via mobile.
There were times I was online, but didn't feel like blogging. Most of the time I'm just bored. Or is it boring? My poor friends. My poor family. My poor wife. 

I guess my previous blogs were mostly either complaints on certain issues which were at the time affecting me in certain ways, or just stupid entries to pass the time, of which I had quite a lot a few months back. Actually, come to think of it, most of the time when I don't blog, I talk to myself, or to inanimate objects around me, so the times I do blog, it is probably a final attempt at grasping sanity. Maybe.

Anyway, now, time, is relative. I don't know what that means. Actually I do, but in the context of this blog, I don't. What I know is now that I've moved on from my previous place of employment, time has transformed into this monster over which I have little control. I wish I had more control of my time, or at least a clear plan, at the minimum one month fixed and 3 months rolling would be good. But then again a lot of things would be good and just aren't. One thing is for sure, family time is gold to me. Even if I'm just watching and not involved in anyway, shape or form, just being in their vicinity is precious enough. Anyday.

I still don't know where I'm going with this. I'm in a room with no windows, a box is more like it. Cut off from the rest of the world save the flatscreen embedded in the hotel wall. There's no starworld or AXN, so no chance of catching most of my favorite shows. There's no fast food outlet nearby, so there goes my diet. 

Getting here was not much fun either. The flight was delayed. As if the flight itself was not long enough, 1 hour plus to Kota Kinabalu, and after a short stop over, another 3 hours plus to Taifarkinpei. In a 737, damnit. No TV screen. No in-flight entertainment. Cramped seats. I get a hard on, and the guy in front of me gets a free but scratch. I scratch my shoulder and the guy next to me gets a free nipple scrubbing. Whaddafok.

And there are worse scenarios, or so they tell me. I could be in the middle of the ocean somewhere crapping in a plastic bag, or in a remote part of russia, constantly on my toes keeping bears off my butt. Or is that Boris?

Why? It's all for the greater good, a sacrifice for the future of my family. That's what I tell myself, anyway. I guess it all follows the moon. Sounds better in Malay....

I hope I get to do some stuff I've planned. Hope being the operative word, as it seems nowadays, I can't say for sure when I'll be home or when I'll be away. Just when I think I'm stuck, I wriggle free, and just when I see daylight, I get hooked and reeled right back into it. You can't win 'em all, I guess...

Well, that's it. I'm even more bored than I was when I started to write this, so that's it then. Plus I'm feeling a slight headache coming... time to get the axe brand oil, and start a conversation with the TV remote.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bagus! Bagus! I was just about to go and dump some shit when I noticed you've updated your blog.

When are you coming back?

Anonymous said...

OOI! MARCH 2009 ALREADY! FULL-FLEDGED DIVER ALREADY!! COMPANY TAK PANGGIL KERJA PUN!!!

UPDATE LA BLOG!!!!

john f seademon said...

Yes, it has been a real while! Now update this friggin' blog!

john f seademon said...

Very long while indeed