Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Warm down activities, throw the dirty and prepare to take the clean

At least that's how an old malay saying would translate into english, loosely....

As most would know by now, I am moving soon. Career-wise.
Goodbye being somebody's macai, hello being somebodyelse's balachi.
Same shit, different view. That's about it, but I have no regrets, no major ones at least, and life is all about compromises.
You can't always get what you wish for, and you don't always wish for what you get.

At least I'd be leaving the Lusial Guy who probably worships a being with many arms, to spend more time with a guy who definitely worships a being with four arms.
Before I leave, I'll have to get rid of one thing that will always remind me of my career between 2000 and 2008, and that thing is a metal rod in my right leg. I broke my right tib-fib back in 2002 while working under this company, so it is only fit that I take it out before I leave.
Other than that, I am also slowly but surely arranging my daily activities so that I can wash my brain - so that I have a blank canvas for the new place. Ok maybe not blank, but at least clear of all the bad habits and negative things I've picked up thru the years. Ok maybe not all the bad habits and negative things, just the really bad ones. Ok maybe one or two. Ok maybe there is no point to it other than to slack off, but who are you to judge me?

So now, my daily routine (at least days where I am up north) is to wake up early, and watch all the sitcoms on astro up to about 9am, ending off course with the back-to-back friends episodes, and then come in to work. On not so good days, I'll extend that to about 10am or 11am, depending on my mood. This is to ensure that my mind is up-to-date with the latest reruns. Then I'll be at work, and I make sure that all the big business is not done at home, but at the office, so I can save water (are reduce the bills) and not need to worry too much about the indah water stuff at home. I can also get some quality time in the special thinking room at the office. This is where I get a lot of ideas and... dare I say it... epiphanies..... In between, I do some facebooking or blog-reading, and maybe check some latest events.... and end the day at about 6 or 7pm, to maximize the time I am in an air-conditioned room as opposed to being at home - hot and humid and only with a simple fan to cool off.

It is now nearing 7pm, so time for me to call it a day.

2 comments:

neomesuff said...

Enjoy it to the max bro! :-)

Anonymous said...

Is your toilet air conditioned too?